During this this free 1-hour webinar, you’ll have a basic introduction to what Lean Six Sigma is, why organizations implement it and how to get started.
Webinar Recording: Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
Webinar Presentation: Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
Date & Time
- Date: Thursday, October 13, 2016
- Time: 11 am – 12 pm PT
- What Process Improvement is
- What Lean Six Sigma Is
- Origins of Lean and Six Sigma
- Why government organizations implement Lean Six Sigma
- Examples of Lean Six Sigma in Government
Tracy O’Rourke, Managing Partner & Executive Advisor
Tracy is a Managing Partner & Executive Advisor at GoLeanSixSigma.com. For almost 20 years, she’s helped leading organizations like Washington State, Cisco and GE build problem-solving muscles with Lean Six Sigma to achieve their goals.
Q&As From the Webinar
- What is the Baldrige Criteria?
- Can we use DMAIC when we talk about Six Sigma?
- When talking about the Value Stream Map, can we also refer to the internal customer?
- Will you accept a person into your Black Belt Training if they got their Green Belt elsewhere?
- Can you recommend some Lean Six Sigma books and some free apps?
- Does the Lean program address starting a brand new process, or is it just focus on improving existing processes?
- How can you establish a culture of Continuous Improvement?
- Please comment on how to manage resistance to change in organizations starting their Lean Six Sigma journeys.
- Do I have to apply for White Belt Training before Yellow?
- What is the best approach for showing the value of Lean Six Sigma to key stakeholders of an organization?
- In a warehouse environment, I believe in Lean Six Sigma. But, the one problem I’ve been seeing is trying to sustain the process. Is there a way other than doing audits on the process to help the employees to continue using Lean Six Sigma?
- What is the difference between Lean and Six Sigma?
- How will Six Sigma help in a construction firm? Will Six Sigma actually help a construction firm?
- Can you have a webinar for Healthcare? More specifically, for Labradorians.
- How is your Green Belt Training different than any other organization?
- Is there a good resource for Six Sigma transactional projects?
- What does the ideal A3 Report out meeting look like?
- What best practices have you seen used that keep the actions items for A3’s tracked? Do you like fancy electronic trackers? Not really a full blown MS Projects, but a tool for my manager to help them keep track of their methods, is that something that is best left to that persons style? I’m looking at Kanban Flow and Microsoft Planner looking for something that doesn’t get in the way of getting stuff done and is simple going back to keeping the actions in line.
- Do you ever speak to FOCUS-PDSA?
- Does Six Sigma demand some knowledge in mathematics and statistics?
- I have been working with several teams to improve their analytic reports. What is the best way to implement process improvement in weekly report generation?
- Which one is more suitable for healthcare organizations: Lean or Six Sigma?
- The Marine Corps is where I received my Green Belt Training & Certification. I retired and worked at a large grocery store company, and began a new role created for me: I was supposed to “find” issues in processes and “fix” them. I was given no guidance, and although I learned some of the processes, I could never really gain ground. How do you get people that haven’t really used a process improvement method “turned-on” to LSS? Both from higher “ranking” individuals and the lower echelon employees.
- What are good tools you use to do mapping?
- What if the process is hidden within a system, how do you extract that?
- Do you have trainings available in other languages? French for instance?
- Where do you start with Lean Six Sigma when a company has never heard of this before?
- What’s the benefit of DFSS?
- Can Lean Six Sigma be applied in a procurement process for a new upcoming project?
- What is the role of Lean Six Sigma in an ITIL organization?
- Can TOC (Theory of Constraints) be used as a Lean Six Sigma tool?
- What do you think about applying Lean Six Sigma in the Pharmaceutical Industry?
- When defining the process, using DMAIC, what would you do if no one can agree on what the process actually is?
- Can you integrate engineering and Lean Six Sigma? I’m planning to pursue my Masters in Construction Engineering Management. How can you do that integration?
- Introduction to Lean
- How to Select the Right Improvement Project
- Challenge the Process by Asking “Why?”
- How to Manage Change With Negative Nancy
- How Leaders Can Support Lean Using Leader Standard Work
- How to Harness the Power of 5S and Visual Management
- Why Process Walks are a MUST
- How to Facilitate a Process Improvement Team to Success
- How to Avoid Process Improvement Bloopers & Blunders
- How to Effectively Avoid Unintended Consequences Using FMEA