Like his colleague, John Shook, we don’t actually know when James Womack’s birthday is. He’s probably got better things to do than party with us, but we’d love to wish him happy birthday anyway because of his profound contributions to the problem-solving world. He is yet another Grand-Daddy of Quality! As the founder and...Read more...
Here are our top picks for Lean Six Sigma success stories and news from around the web for the week of September 19, 2016. In-house: Managing Like A Business The Royal Dutch Shell’s legal department is filled with thousand of professionals and much larger than many others. However, more professionals does not mean a...Read more...
The Royal Dutch Shell’s legal department is filled with thousand of professionals and much larger than many others. However, more professionals does not mean a shared vision, consistency or unbeatable skill sets. To generate more value and long-term business, in-house lawyers need to “do more with less” and “deliver sustainable improvements over the long-term.”...Read more...
Lean Six Sigma Training Rollout Kit: Everything You Need To Successfully Launch Process Improvement Training
Have you decided to bring continuous improvement training into your organization? For over 25 years, we’ve helped organizations from every industry achieve their goals using Lean Six Sigma. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the components of our Lean Six Sigma Rollout Kit. We’ll share our expertise with you and provide the strategy,...Read more...
Process Improvement training is powerful and important. It’s one of the best ways to for organizations to work toward delighting customers, and it’s a fast track to bringing the vision, mission and strategic goals to fruition. There’s no doubt about the value, but, since there are many ways to train people in process improvement,...Read more...
The Lean Six Sigma toolset makes use of a variety of process maps. Each of these diagrams aids in understanding the flow and making it clear how the process works. Although detailed mapping is key to good process improvement, I would venture that properly constructing a high-level map first, can be even more instrumental....Read more...
Politicians refer to hard dollars vs. soft dollars often and I don’t pretend to understand what they mean. For one, it has nothing to do with the hard and soft money we deal with in our improvement work. The distinction between hard and soft money can be confusing, but we’ll try to make sense...Read more...
At GoLeanSixSigma.com, we make it easy for everyone everywhere to improve their organizations using Lean Six Sigma. But, we don’t stop there. We’re helping fellow citizens and communities locally and across the globe improve as well. For the month of July 2016, our Hawaii Team returned to Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore to put our...Read more...
If you’re not tracking statistical differences among your call center agents, I’d argue that you are missing out on a huge opportunity to drive astonishing improvements in your call center outputs. We’ll first make sure we know what statistical differences mean and then talk about the myriad ways you can leverage them. Some of...Read more...
Ask The Expert: Questions & Answers Q&A
QUESTION:What is the role of the project Champion in DMAIC Projects?
We use the terms “Champion” and “Sponsor” interchangeably but here are some attributes of the role
- This is an executive leader who will drive the initiative within the organization
- They work with the Master Black Belts, Project Management Office or other leaders to select projects aligned with organizational strategy
- They provide resources for improvement teams
- They help remove barriers beyond the team’s control to achieve successful projects
- They support and lead change within the organization
- They help to develop a culture of Lean Six Sigma
Obviously some Champions embody more aspects of the role than others. But this list outlines what a good Champion is all about.
QUESTION:Do You Accept Payments Or Have Payment Plans?
Yes. We accept payments through PayPal Credit and you’ll receive immediate access to the courses you register for. To pay with PayPal Credit, take the following steps:
- Go to your cart in the upper right hand corner
- Update your cart with the courses you’d like to register for
- Proceed to checkout
- Input billing information
- Select “PayPal” instead of “Credit Card”
- Proceed to PayPal
- Select pay with PayPal Credit
- Complete your application and your scheduled payments will be setup
- You’ll receive access to the course or materials you ordered right away
Need more help? Click here for screenshots!
QUESTION:How Can I Apply Lean Six Sigma To The Fresh Green Vegetable Supply Company?
Any processes where the customer cares about speed and quality is an opportunity to apply Lean Six Sigma techniques.
Applying Lean Six Sigma could be especially critical in your business because you are dealing with perishables. Anything to make that process more efficient and effective to help reduce waste will have an impact on quality vegetables for your customer and hopefully profitability for you! There may be opportunities to improve in the following areas:
- Ordering process
These are all factors that play a key role in getting your customers the freshest products quickly.
Food industries are well-known for applying process improvement. From fast food to grocery stores, and organic markets in order to maximize quality and reduce waste.
QUESTION:Are There Reviews For Your Courses From Learners?
Yes, we’re humbled to offer you the highest rated Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training & Certification courses available. Our learners continuously give our courses praise for our interactive, practical and easy to understand approach to learning. All of our courses are rated 5 of 5 stars from our learners.
For your reference, here are:
QUESTION:How Can I Apply The Lean Six Sigma Concept In A Mining Company?
Mining has many applications for Lean Six Sigma! There’s a great return on investment when it’s applied to projects that can increase utilization of expensive equipment and improve work practices of highly skilled people. Here’s some project outcomes:
- Improving conveyor belt maintenance and use to have belt life greater than 2000 hours
- Improved maintenance of large haul truck tires increased hours of use, thus deferring tire replacement by 3 months
- Reducing soft tissue injuries of underground mining staff by active use of a fitness coach and exercise to strengthen muscles
- Reducing inventory by 50% by tracking forecast accuracy on a line item basis, increasing the forecast frequency, and focusing on no stockouts for standard items. Customers were able to reduce inventory on hand where before improvement they carried one month’s inventory to ensure available stock
Keys to the success of these projects were selecting a key performance measure that tied to a specific process that could be studied. I hope this gives you an idea of how you can apply Lean Six Sigma at your mining company!