8 Wastes Training & Certificate
Learn the basics of the 8 Wastes and build your problem-solving muscles.
In 8 Wastes Training (Single Module), you’ll learn the basics of the 8 Wastes and build your problem-solving muscles.
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: Online, self-paced/on-demand/asynchronous
- Duration: 1 hour
- Access: 30 days (Extend to 1 year with a GoLeanSixSigma.com Annual Membership for $499/year and access this Module along with 50+ modules and 100+ resources)
- Works on smartphones and tablets
What are the 8 Wastes?
Waste is any step or action in a process that is not required to complete a process (called “Non Value-Adding”) successfully. When Waste is removed, only the steps that are required (called “Value-Adding”) to deliver a satisfactory product or service to the customer remain in the process.
The 8 Wastes of Lean are Defects, Overproduction, Waiting, Non-Utilized Talent, Transportation, Inventory, Motion, and Extra-Processing.
Learn to Use the 8 Wastes & Build Your Problem-Solving Muscles
After completing this Module you will be able to:
- Describe each of the 8 Wastes
- Provide examples of each type of waste
- Explain how to uncover and remove all types of process waste
You’ll also receive:
- Certificate of Completion (1 PDU)
- 8 Wastes Check Sheet Template
Introducing Single Modules
Single Modules are a smart new way to learn the basics of a single Lean Six Sigma concept or tool. It’s training “Just-In-Time” – a Lean way to learn! They’re recommended if you:
- Don’t need a full training and certification course
- Need to learn the basics or get a refresher on a single concept or tool
- Need PDUs for your PMP Certification
To learn how to complete successful Lean Six Sigma projects step-by-step and build your problem-solving muscles, please register for Green Belt Training & Certification.
Interested in registering a group of people for this module? Contact us to learn about Group Discounts (starting at 5 learners).
Submit your review