5S Training & Certificate
Learn the basics of 5S and build your problem-solving muscles.
What Is 5S?
5S is a five-step organization technique to create and maintain an intuitive workspace.
- Sort – Remove unnecessary items from the workplace. Keep only what is essential.
- Set in Order – Arrange items so they are easily accessible. “A place for everything, and everything in its place.”
- Shine – Clean the work area so it is neat and tidy. Return all items to their assigned place.
- Standardize – Set standards for a consistently organized workplace. Make standards easy to understand.
- Sustain – Maintain and review standards. Address root causes and avoid reversion to the “old ways.”
What Is Visual Management?
Visual Management is the practice of making the workplace visually easy to work in. This includes making it easy to identify units and materials, updating people on the process status, showing how the process works and providing a visible process plan for future steps.
Why You Should Register for 5S Training & Certificate
In the 5S Training (Single Module), you’ll learn the basics of these tools and techniques and continue building your problem-solving muscles.
What You’ll Get (Certificate, PDUs)
- 5S Manufacturing Assessment Template & Example
- 5S Transactional Assessment Template & Example
- Visual Management 20 Questions Template
- 5S Certificate
- 2 PDUs
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: Fully online and on-demand/self-paced/asynchronous
- Timing: 2 hours
- Access: 1 year
- Describe the steps of 5S and the goals of Visual Management
- Define the the terms used in 5S and Visual Management
- List the common elements that make up 5S and Visual Management
List of Contents
- 5S Training Module
- Webinar: How to Harness the Power of 5S & Visual Management
- Quiz: 5S
New: Single Modules
Single Modules are a smart new way to learn the basics of a single Lean Six Sigma concept or tool. It’s training “Just-In-Time” – a Lean way to learn!
We recommend them if you:
- Don’t need a full training and certification course
- Need to learn the basics or get a refresher on a single concept or tool
- Need PDUs for your PMP Certification
To learn how to complete successful Lean Six Sigma projects step-by-step and build your problem-solving muscles, please register for Green Belt Training & Certification. Interested in registering a group of people for this module? Contact us to learn about Group Discounts (starting at 5 learners).
Submit your review
5S is a great overview for looking at processes and at a glance knowing the status of the operation. Reduces waste and saves time and possibly a life when implemented. Thank you for this easy to understand webinar.
Very informative very easy to learn
Awesome! super fun, informative, user friendly, and lots of knowledge. I feel confident now to be a strong leader at my job as Continuous Improvement leader applying the 5S methodology.
Simple & easy to understand with nice practical examples for manufacturing & transactional assessments.
Great real world examples from both the training and webinar.
Very informative and interactive. Love it!
A great module! Went through each step providing good examples of what is expected during
during the process and the potential outcomes it could have.
Simple and good overview
Good overview. Might consider some actual examples of good shadow boards, foam boards, etc.
Simple, straightforward and easy to understand material as well as good examples of how to use apply the knowledge in different applications.