GoLeanSixSigma.com is thrilled and honored to announce our partnership with the University of California San Diego Extension! We’ll be offering a unique, interactive Green Belt course where you’ll earn an Award of Completion from UC San Diego Extension and a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification from GoLeanSixSigma.com.
What Is Lean Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) provides a systematic method to improve performance and reduce variation in business operations to achieve productivity and profitability gains. Students earn various colors of Belts which indicate their levels of mastery of Lean Six Sigma expertise. A person who has earned the designation of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt often plays a key role in the success of an organization’s process improvement initiatives.
As a member or leader of a high-performing Lean Six Sigma project team, the Green Belt is involved in:
- selecting or defining projects
- setting project objectives
- data gathering
- statistical analysis
- change implementation
To function effectively, Green Belts need to understand and apply the basic Lean Six Sigma concepts, tools and methodologies in a variety of situations. This course is designed to educate those who wish to attain the level of Green Belt.
UC San Diego Extension Green Belt Program Benefits
- Immediately apply the established Lean Six Sigma principles and the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control (DMAIC) methodology to a case study or real-life project.
- Receive guided mentorship from a Master Black Belt and understand how to implement Lean Six Sigma directly into your workplace.
- Build your problem-solving muscles utilizing Lean Six Sigma in your organization.
- Graduates of the program are prepared to progress into the seven-session Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Practicum course at UC San Diego.
Who Should Attend?
Any team or individual responsible for managing or participating significantly in any business process activities including managers, professionals and line staff in:
- manufacturing and quality engineers
- finance and business administration
- healthcare administration and practitioners
- product design and development
- sales and marketing professionals
- manufacturing or service operations
- supply chain management
- human resources
You can complete the program either fully online, or in the classroom. The benefits of the different formats include:
- Instructor-led training on your schedule.
- Webinars and live office hours provide opportunities to collaborate and network with instructors and peers. Enrich your experience with meaningful feedback.
- Weekly discussion board topics provide an additional opportunity to engage with the content and your peers.
- Complete an authentic case study, under the mentorship of a Master Black Belt. Apply the tools and techniques provided by GoLeanSixSigma.com, globally leading experts in Lean Six Sigma.
- In addition to UC San Diego Extension’s Award of Completion, you will earn a globally recognized Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification from GoLeanSixSigma.com, and can add a Green Belt to your LinkedIn profile.
- Network and interact with fellow students over six full-days within a four-month period. Click on the “In Class” section below to view location, dates, and times.
- Receive guided mentorship from a Master Black Belt, and work effectively in teams on a real-life project brought in from your or another students’ organization.
- Project must result in a projected ROI of $40k.
About University of California San Diego Extension
Recently named 15th best university in the world by the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU). The continuing education branch of the University, UC San Diego Extension, offers cutting-edge certificates, courses, and professional development programs to enhance skill development in critical occupations. With more than 4,900 courses and 30,000 students per year, UC San Diego Extension represents a vibrant nexus of classes and programs attracting both organizations and individuals alike.
GoLeanSixSigma.com is a globally recognized leader in Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification. Our practical, easy-to-understand and enjoyable approach empowers learners to build their problem-solving muscles and deliver improvement to any organization.
- UC San Diego: Angela Cook, Program Manager: [email protected]
- GoLeanSixSigma.com: Anna Comia, Client Experience Manager, [email protected]