QUESTION:Is GoLeanSixSigma.com Registered To Do Business With The Federal Government And What Are Your Certifications?
Great question! Yes, we are a registered to do business with the federal government for Lean Six Sigma. We are a minority owned, small business that is eligible for contracts and assistance awards. Our courses are also Section 508 compliant.
QUESTION:Does Paying For Certification Guarantee I Will Be A Good Lean Practitioner?
No matter what training you receive, it’s up to you as the individual to apply the concepts. GoLeanSixSigma.com’s training material is geared toward practical application, but without the motivation to apply and learn in real life, there’s no guarantee that ANY training makes someone a practitioner at something. Effective LEARNING usually includes both.
QUESTION:How Can I Apply The Lean Six Sigma Concept In A Mining Company?
Mining has many applications for Lean Six Sigma! There’s a great return on investment when it’s applied to projects that can increase utilization of expensive equipment and improve work practices of highly skilled people. Here’s some project outcomes:
- Improving conveyor belt maintenance and use to have belt life greater than 2000 hours
- Improved maintenance of large haul truck tires increased hours of use, thus deferring tire replacement by 3 months
- Reducing soft tissue injuries of underground mining staff by active use of a fitness coach and exercise to strengthen muscles
- Reducing inventory by 50% by tracking forecast accuracy on a line item basis, increasing the forecast frequency, and focusing on no stockouts for standard items. Customers were able to reduce inventory on hand where before improvement they carried one month’s inventory to ensure available stock
Keys to the success of these projects were selecting a key performance measure that tied to a specific process that could be studied. I hope this gives you an idea of how you can apply Lean Six Sigma at your mining company!
QUESTION:Is GoLeanSixSigma.com accredited by the Better Business Bureau?
Yes, GoLeanSixSigma.com is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB)! That means the BBB has determined that GoLeanSixSigma.com meets accreditation standards which include commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complains.
QUESTION:How Recognized And Reputable Is A Certificate In Any Belt From GoLeanSixSigma.com Versus Other Providers?
That’s a great question.
Our Training & Certification is globally recognized and highly reputable. You can learn more about us here.
It’s important to note that there is no official governing body for Lean Six Sigma Training or Certification. We do not use third parties such as independent governing bodies to determine the curriculum and requirements of our Training & Certification courses. Our Experts, who have over 20 years of success using Lean Six Sigma in virtually every industry all over the world, have carefully selected specific content which is tailored to be practical, not just conceptual. This helps our students apply Lean Six Sigma, not just simply “know the concepts and tools.”
That being said, we cover more than what is required of most third parties and have a much higher standard of quality.
In addition, you can visit this link on our website to know that students from the schools pictured in the logo have registered with us and that we also work directly with schools like University of Georgia, University of Texas, University of Minnesota, and University of San Diego.
I hope this answers your question!
QUESTION:Why Should I Get Certified In Lean Six Sigma? What Will The Certification Do For Me?
There are many people that get their certification for a few reasons:
First, the individual’s company is embarking on a Lean journey or Continuous Improvement Initiative and wants the employees to get certified. So, in this case, you would be supporting the wishes of your organization by doing so.
Second, we often see individuals that have a personal interest in learning about process improvement. Some of these individuals are students and some are individuals looking to enhance their own skills in their current career. One of the nice things about process improvement is that the investment in learning will not become obsolete. Unlike learning software programs, process improvement is about process change, and change never stops. What better skill to build then making change happen more effectively and efficiently!
Lastly, we also see individuals that are in a job transition and are looking to increase their skills. Sometimes, this is because they see that many job postings prefer Lean Six Sigma training or certification and the individual wants to strengthen their resume with the Lean Six Sigma certifications.
I hope these help you see how a certification can benefit you.
QUESTION:Why Should I Pick GoLeanSixSigma.com Over Any Other Online Training Program Or Provider?
Four reasons: Quality, Fun, Cost and the Bandwagon!
- Quality: Our Lean Six Sigma training is one of the highest quality online training programs out there. GoLeanSixSigma.com uses state of the art software to bring the training to life for students. In addition, we have an excellent team of Master Black Belts that have designed the program for effective student learning.
- Fun: Our online training is more engaging and fun than any other online program. The GoLeanSixSigma.com development team created a virtual place, the Bahama Bistro in the training program. The Bahama Bistro is filled with characters and opportunities to apply process improvement. Many of the examples and tools use Bahama Bistro to help connect how the tools apply in the real world.
- Cost: On other Lean Six Sigma programs, individuals and companies are spending a great deal of money, sometimes in excess of $8,000 per individual, to become trained. GoLeanSixSigma.com has broken the cost barrier and is able to bring high quality, online training programs to interested students for a fraction of the cost. And if these reasons aren’t enough, let’s throw in one more…
- The Bandwagon: There are lots of organizations that have selected our online program over others. Organizations including Coca-Cola, Disney, Amazon, Verizon, Bank of America, and many more!
QUESTION:Can I Use Lean Six Sigma In The Telecom Service Sector? Would It Only Be Useful In The Customer Care Centers?
Lean Six Sigma can apply in any industry, including Telecom. How do you start? Identify a PROCESS with a CUSTOMER. Most organizations start with a process where the customer is dissatisfied or frustrated with the quality and/or the amount of time to receive the product or service.
Where do processes exist in your organization? Are customers satisfied with the product or service? If not, you can start applying Lean Six Sigma to improve the process.
QUESTION:How Can I Apply My Basic Lean Six Sigma Knowledge To Internal Auditing?
Like any process that has a customer, there can be opportunity to make improvements, whether the improvements are to improve the cycle time of the audit or to improve the accuracy of the audit. We worked with a state IRS department that mentioned, “Our customers don’t like it when we audit them. They hate us!” But, even when the situation is less that desirable, customers still have expectations around how the process will go, and how long it will take. Wouldn’t it be great to have an effective and efficient process in a situation like this?
The best place to start is to define who the customer is by process. Then, define what parts of the process customers might value. Then begin to identify waste in the process. For example, the waste of waiting. Where in the process is the customer waiting? Are there points in the process where the customer is waiting on the auditing agency? How can steps in the process be designed better and be more efficient for the customer, not just the auditing agency? Get familiar with the 8 Wastes and see how much waste can be discovered in the process. The first step is seeing the waste!