On November 8th, UC San Diego recently conducted its first-ever Process Palooza, a day-long conference and competition focused on continuous improvement through Lean Six Sigma techniques.
The goal of the event was to strengthen the community of Lean Six Sigma peers, at UC San Diego as well as encourage more employees to incorporate process improvement into their job.
More than 400 UC San Diego employees signed up to attend and learn first-hand from their colleagues about how process improvement can save money, streamline operations and improve service.
Watch the Entire Livestream Webcast!
- 00:03:59 – Kicking off Process Palooza with Ric Van Der Linden & Tracy O’Rourke
- 01:35:24 – Tracy interviews the process owners Heather Belk & LaWana Richmond
- 01:57:58 – Ric and Tracy discuss the judging criteria for the teams
- 03:46:05 – Ric and Tracy talk with the process owners about the team progress
- 04:52:19 – Tracy interviews Lynn Underwood – the person who pulled the event off!
- 05:05:17 – Tracy kicks off the presentation portion of the event and announces the judges
- 05:08:27 – Team presentations (6 teams allowed 10 minutes each to present)
- 06:19:52 – Tracy interviews Eliud about which team he thinks will win
- 06:28:10 – Tracy interviews Justin Clow, a participant and team member of the Sunshine Squad team
- 06:49:47 – Tracy announces the awards for Best Team Player and Team Winners for Process 1 & 2