Join us for this free 1-hour webinar where we answer the question, “Why do we need hypothesis tests in process improvement?” and then stay with us as we walk you through a real, live hypothesis test direct from the Bahama Bistro!
Webinar Recording: How to Set Up and Run Hypothesis Tests
Webinar Presentation: How to Set Up and Run Hypothesis Tests
Date & Time
- Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2017
- Time: 11 am – 12 pm PT
- What are hypothesis tests?
- Why do we need them in process improvement?
- When should we run them?
- How do we set up and run them?
- Any words of advice?
Elisabeth Swan, Managing Partner & Executive Advisor
Elisabeth is a Managing Partner, Executive Advisor and Master Black Belt of GoLeanSixSigma.com. Elisabeth has over 25 years of success helping leading organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts build problem solving muscles and use Lean Six Sigma to achieve their goals.
Q&As From the Webinar
- I have used other tools to identify root cause – for example 5 why’s, Ishikawa diagrams. Are these methods for verifying root cause?
- Average sales comparison seems simple. Setting up a hypothesis test seems an unnecessarily complex approach to arrive at the answer, no?
- I think Excel 2016 has this test built-in on PC.
- Is the Two Sample T used because you have two samples (Locations)?
- I’m new to process improvement, but I’m very interested in becoming experienced with this. What is a practical way to get better at this?
- Which software is better for those who are new to process improvement & hypothesis testing. Minitab or SigmaXL?
- When using testing for root cause, how do you determine the weight of the variables when multiple critical x’s exist. i.e. low null?
- Are there any instances where the confidence level should or could be increased or decreased?
- How many data records do you need to run hypothesis test?
- How does confidence interval differ from confidence level?
- Isn’t a 5 Why used after a failure?
- Would you use a hypothesis test after utilizing an Ishikawa/5 Why approach?
- When will you be conducting another session of the face-to-face Yellow Belt Training in Kingston Jamaica?
- Challenge the Process by Asking “Why?”
- How to Manage Change With Negative Nancy
- How Leaders Can Support Lean Using Leader Standard Work
- How to Harness the Power of 5S and Visual Management
- Why Process Walks Are a MUST
- How to Facilitate a Process Improvement Team to Success
- How to Avoid Process Improvement Bloopers & Blunders
- How to Effectively Avoid Unintended Consequences Using FMEA
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- How to Rollout Lean Six Sigma Training
- How to Create a Strategic Plan for a Lean Six Sigma Program Office