Pulling together a Process Improvement team can be a challenge, but if you connect with the right people then the odds of success go up—a lot. Do you have a Sponsor to back you? Which Subject Matter Experts do you think you’ll need? What about a Finance Partner to verify your project results? Consider these key roles on your next Lean Six Sigma project team. Let’s dive into Lean Six Sigma roles! Are you ready to select your starting lineup?
- Person accountable for the success of the project
- Has Lean Six Sigma expertise
- Responsible for project schedule and results
- Download the Project Charter for FREE
- Supports and advocates for the project
- Leadership role with Lean Six Sigma awareness
- Responsible for removing barriers to success
- Watch Webinar: How Leaders Successfully Support Lean Six Sigma Projects
- Meets regularly with improvement team
- Has Lean Six Sigma awareness
- Participates in applying process improvement tools
- Start your Yellow Belt Training for FREE
- Person in charge of the process being addressed
- Generally a leadership position
- Responsible for maintenance of improved process
- Start your White Belt Training for FREE
Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Person with skills related to improvement effort
- Represents IT, HR, Finance, Black Belt or other specialty
- Assists improvement team on an as-needed basis
Finance Partner (SME)
- Reviews return on investment of team efforts
- Member of Finance Department
- Verifies projected costs savings of solutions
Which Role Will You Play?
Now that you understand the responsibilities of each role, are you ready to join your process improvement team and help solve your organization’s problems?
Learn how to delight more customers, minimize costs and maximize profits – register for any of our Lean Six Sigma courses today!