Properly collecting data involves Data Collection Plans, Check Sheets and Spreadsheets, but how do they all work together? Data collection is critical to every phase of DMAIC; Creating a measurable problem statement, establishing the baseline, searching for causal data, measuring improvement and, finally, monitoring to maintain the gains. There are some key steps to gathering the right data in the best way. This 1-hour introductory webinar provides a few easy-to-follow guidelines to help you make the most of your improvement effort.
Webinar Recording: How to Successfully Collect Process Data for Your Lean Six Sigma Project
Webinar Presentation: How to Successfully Collect Process Data for Your Lean Six Sigma Project
Date & Time
- Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017
- Time: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM PT
- Building the Data Collection Plan
- Designing a Data Check Sheet
- Collecting the Data
- Populating the Data Spreadsheet
- Using the Tips and Tricks of Data Collection
Tools & Templates
Elisabeth Swan, Managing Partner & Executive Advisor
Elisabeth is a Managing Partner, Executive Advisor and Master Black Belt of GoLeanSixSigma.com. Elisabeth has over 25 years of success helping leading organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts build problem solving muscles and use Lean Six Sigma to achieve their goals.
Q&As From the Webinar
- What would be a good number of individuals for collecting data?
- Is there a series of previously recorded webinars? If so, where are they available?
- Is there research behind the 5-7 categories? I’d love to share that with our external regulators/auditors.
- Is a sample size of 50 sufficient to perform a capability study?
- Is the Green Belt and Black Belt recognized by other organizations?
- What is a good way to figure out what data to collect?
- How do you keep people motivated to collect data over a time period of a year? People get tired of collecting data and then data analysis becomes difficult.
- How do you gain the support of a project leader who feels the data collection is tedious and unnecessary?
- How to Select the Right Improvement Project (Introductory)
- Challenge the Process by Asking “Why?” (Introductory)
- How to Manage Change With Negative Nancy (Intermediate)
- How Leaders Can Support Lean Using Leader Standard Work (Leadership)
- How to Harness the Power of 5S and Visual Management (Introductory)
- Why Process Walks Are a Must (Intermediate)
- How to Facilitate a Process Improvement Team to Success (Intermediate)
- How to Avoid Process Improvement Bloopers & Blunders (Intermediate)
- How to Effectively Avoid Unintended Consequences Using FMEA (Introductory)
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma (Introductory)
- How to Rollout Lean Six Sigma Training (Leadership)
- How to Create a Strategic Plan for a Lean Six Sigma Program Office (Leadership)
- How to Set Up and Run Hypothesis Tests (Advanced)
- Introduction to Lean (ENCORE!) (Introductory)
- How to Use a Fishbone Diagram (Introductory)
- Process Walk Orientation for Participants (Introductory)
- How Leaders Successfully Support Lean Six Sigma Projects (Leadership)
- How to Use Group Reviews to Help Ensure Your Team’s Green Belt Training Is Successful (Introductory)
- 5 Ways to Create Charts & Graphs to Highlight Your Work (Intermediate)
- 5 Ways to Ensure Green Belts Apply Their New Skills After Certification (Leadership)
View our upcoming webinars and join live so you can ask questions and let us know what you’d like to us to cover next. We’re busy building new webinars all the time. And we’re happy to know you’re busy too – building your problem-solving muscles – keep it up!