A picture is worth a thousand words – actually, the brain processes images 60,000 times faster than it can read, so it’s worth turning your data into pictures. When you’re trying to make a point, impress leadership or win the hearts and minds of process participants, graphs and charts are the way to go. In this 1-hour intermediate webinar we’ll give you some step-by-step training on how to take a column of data and bring it to life on the big screen.
We’ll be using SigmaXL during the webinar. SigmaXL is a Microsoft Excel add-on which we highly recommend for its ease of use, low cost and compatibility with both Macs and PCs. Click here for even more instructions on how to use SigmaXL.
Webinar Recording: 5 Ways to Create Charts & Graphs to Highlight Your Work
Webinar Presentation: 5 Ways to Create Charts & Graphs to Highlight Your Work
Date & Time
- Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Time: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM PT
- How Charts and Data Tell the Story
- What Does a Histogram Tell You?
- What Does a Run Chart Tell You?
- What Does a Pareto Chart Tell You?
- What Does a Box Plot Tell You?
- What Does a Scatter Diagram Tell You?
- How Charting Tricks and Tips Can Help
Tools & Templates
Elisabeth Swan, Managing Partner & Executive Advisor
Elisabeth is a Managing Partner, Executive Advisor and Master Black Belt of GoLeanSixSigma.com. Elisabeth has over 25 years of success helping leading organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts build problem solving muscles and use Lean Six Sigma to achieve their goals.
Q&As From the Webinar
- Which is the best chart to prove capability – Histogram or I-MR?
- Do these (chart and graph) programs import from Excel (like R or Minitab) or do you have to re-enter data sets?
- What chart would I use to show volume of patients scheduled per user?
- Can you recommend a training / webinar to get more familiarized with Minitab?
- How do you know what the y and x values are?
- How often are there updates between each “belt” that a person needs to re-certify?
- How to Select the Right Improvement Project (Introductory)
- Challenge the Process by Asking “Why?” (Introductory)
- How to Manage Change With Negative Nancy (Intermediate)
- How Leaders Can Support Lean Using Leader Standard Work (Leadership)
- How to Harness the Power of 5S and Visual Management (Introductory)
- Why Process Walks Are a Must (Intermediate)
- How to Facilitate a Process Improvement Team to Success (Intermediate)
- How to Avoid Process Improvement Bloopers & Blunders (Intermediate)
- How to Effectively Avoid Unintended Consequences Using FMEA (Introductory)
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma (Introductory)
- How to Rollout Lean Six Sigma Training (Leadership)
- How to Create a Strategic Plan for a Lean Six Sigma Program Office (Leadership)
- How to Set Up and Run Hypothesis Tests (Advanced)
- Introduction to Lean (ENCORE!) (Introductory)
- How to Use a Fishbone Diagram (Introductory)
- Process Walk Orientation for Participants (Introductory)
- How Leaders Successfully Support Lean Six Sigma Projects (Leadership)
- How to Use Group Reviews to Help Ensure Your Team’s Green Belt Training Is Successful (Introductory)
View our upcoming webinars and join live so you can ask questions and let us know what you’d like to us to cover next. We’re busy building new webinars all the time. And we’re happy to know you’re busy too – building your problem-solving muscles – keep it up!