Green Belt Training That Delivers Results
Get your Green Belt Training & Certification with us and you'll learn...
How to complete projects
You’ll see how easy it is to complete projects—large and small— that deliver real improvement results that you can showcase anywhere.
Practical, targeted concepts & tools
Get problem-solving training focused on exactly what you need (and nothing you don’t need) to improve a process.
Lifelong problem-solving skills
Learn how to apply Lean Six Sigma to your daily tasks and skyrocket your personal productivity as well as your team’s productivity.
Our Green Belts Deliver Results Like These...
Green Belt Training & Certification Details
Online Green Belt Training & Certification Process
Online Green Belt Training & Certification Summary
GoLeanSixSigma.com’s Online Green Belt Training & Certification is an open-enrollment, fully online, self-paced course designed for Go-Getters who want to build their problem-solving muscles and deliver amazing improvement results. It’s intensely practical, interactive and enjoyable which will help ensure you quickly and effectively build your process improvement and project management skills using clear language and plenty of fun examples.
Our streamlined approach to learning covers a comprehensive body of knowledge in a fraction of the time and cost of other providers.
For decades, we’ve saved organizations in virtually every industry hundreds of millions of dollars. This course draws on what our Experts practice every day in the field to provide you with the most effective way to learn and implement Lean Six Sigma.
We welcome new and experienced problem solvers—and everyone in between!
Format: Fully Online
Skip the travel to save time, money and our planet 🌎
Technical Requirements: Google Chrome or Apple Safari and high-speed internet connection
Course Access: 1 Year
Course Duration: 32 Hours
- 🖥 Online Training: 28 hours
- Fully online
- Available on mobile devices
- 📝 Online Certification Exam: 4 hours (total time)
- Unlimited retakes
- 130 multiple-choice questions
- Exam is segmented and sections are embedded at the end of each DMAIC Phase
- PDF Certificate you can add to LinkedIn
Project: Not Required (Optional)
If you’d like to complete a project with guidance from a Master Black Belt, register for our Green Belt Training & Certification With Project Completion. Live 1-on-1 Project Coaching with a Master Black Belt is also available as an add-on.
PDUs: 32 / CEUs: 3.2 / CPEs: 35.6 CPEs
CPEs are able to be earned with our CPE – Green Belt Training & Certification version of this course.
Bonus Content ($103 value)
- The Ultimate Lean Six Sigma Template Toolkit ($49 value)
- Go-Getters Guide to DMAIC ($14 value)
- Super Simple Lean Six Sigma Glossary ($12 value)
- eBook: The Problem-Solver’s Toolkit ($9 value)
- Green Belt Notebook ($19 value)
Money Back Guarantee
We know you’ll love our courses as much as we do. Although if for any reason you’re not completely satisfied (and the course has not been completed), please email [email protected] to request a refund within 30 days of your course purchase.
For individual (single license) purchases, if it is within 30 days and the course has not been completed, we offer a full refund. For group purchases, licenses can be exchanged for other courses. For example, Green Belt licenses can be exchanged for Yellow Belt licenses. Refunds are not available for group purchases.
*Course must not be completed.
Online Green Belt Training & Certification Updates for 2019
- Learn from new & expanded modules on foundational topics including A3, Andons, Cost of Poor Quality, Kanban Boards, PDCA, Root Cause Analysis, Standard Work and Visual Controls
- Take “deep dives” on key topics with links to related Webinars when you’re curious to know more
- Put new and upgraded templates to use to guide Standard Work, Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) Calculator, Tree Diagrams, Opportunity Pipelines and more
- Enjoy expanded Bahama Bistro case study with new examples and guidance for each phase of DMAIC
- Engage in new activities and expanded Q&A to help you learn from your mistakes and improve your retention and recall
- Look up tools and topics across all DMAIC phases with the easy-Access Green Belt Index
- Enjoy the new “voice” of our training as your new narrator brings you updated Bahama Bistro voice overs
- See our community at work with content based on the voice of our customers — our learners!
- Learn concepts faster with new infographics aligned with the companion book, The Problem Solver’s Toolkit
- New content, tools and techniques covered in each DMAIC phase to build even bigger problem-solving muscles
- Added guidance for completing a successful improvement project during online training to promote practical application of Green Belt concepts and tools
- New tests for comprehension at the conclusion of each DMAIC phase to ensure understanding of content and retention of knowledge
- Just-In-Time exam setup allows you to take exam segments at the conclusion of each Phase to reinforce most recent learnings, improve recall and promote retention
- New and upgraded graphics and animation
- Better jokes, tastier food and more fun at Bahama Bistro!
Online Green Belt Training & Certification Learning Objectives
- Define Lean Six Sigma, where it came from and why organizations benefit from it
- Describe how to find and select a worthwhile Lean Six Sigma Project and summarize the Lean Six Sigma Improvement method known as DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control)
- Describe how to create a project charter, gather the voice of the customer and build a high-level map of the process
- Describe how to select measures, plan for data collection and collect baseline data about a process
- Describe how to conduct process analysis, conduct data analysis and then brainstorm and validate root causes of process problems
- Describe how to craft, filter and determine solutions to process problems and then mitigate the risks of process change
- Describe how to create monitoring plans, develop response plans and document the project
Online Green Belt Training & Certification Timing Breakdown
Below is a breakdown of the course and estimated time required to complete each section. You may complete the course at your own pace within 1 year.
No prerequisites are required for the Green Belt Training.
|Introduction||Define Lean Six Sigma and where it came from, the 8 Wastes, the Roles of Lean Six Sigma and how to effectively select projects||2 hours|
|Define||Define the problem, the process and the customer||5 hours|
|Measure||Measure and baseline the current process||6 hours|
|Analyze||Identify the root causes of problems and waste within the process||7 hours|
|Improve||Implement and verify solutions to address root causes||5 hours|
|Control||Maintain the gains||3 hours|
|Exam||Segmented and embedded at the end of each DMAIC Phase||4 hours (total)|
|Total Estimated Time to Complete||32 hours|
Online Green Belt Training & Certification Course Outline
The following concepts and tools are covered in Green Belt Training. Download the PDF of the Green Belt Training Index here:
Green Belt Table of Contents (v4.0 / 2019)
|Green Belt Online Training Introduction||1.1|
|Step: Overview of Lean Six Sigma||2.1|
|What Is Lean Six Sigma?||2.3|
|Where Did Lean Six Sigma Come From?||2.6|
|Why Do Organizations Use Lean Six Sigma?||2.7|
|Cost of Poor Quality||2.9|
|Connect With the Customer||2.12|
|Focus on the Process||2.14|
|Quantify the Dollar Impact||2.15|
|Engage the People||2.16|
|Step: 8 Wastes (DOWNTIME) – Template Available||3.1|
|Step: Lean Six Sigma Roles||4.1|
|Master Black Belt||4.8|
|Team Roles and Project Roles – Template Available||4.11|
|Step: PDCA Overview||5.1|
|PDCA and Toyota’s 8-Step Problem-Solving Process||5.5|
|Step: DMAIC Overview||6.1|
|DMAIC and PDCA||6.6|
|Step: Project Selection||7.1|
|Project Selection Guidelines – Template Available||7.3|
|Starting a Green Belt Project During Training||7.7|
|Introduction Phase Conclusion||8.1|
|Green Belt Project Journey||8.6|
|Introduction Steps and Tools Recap||8.7|
|Tollgate Checklist – Template Available||8.8|
Measure and Baseline the Problem
|Measure Phase Introduction||1.1|
|Step: Select Measures||2.1|
|Value Stream Definitions||2.8|
|Measuring Customer Demand (Takt Time)||2.10|
|Continuous and Discrete Measures||2.21|
|Efficiency & Effectiveness – Template Available||2.27|
|Step: Plan for Data Collection||3.1|
|Data Collection Plan – Template Available||3.3|
|Module: Operational Definitions – Template Available||3.10|
|Module: Check Sheets – Template Available||3.24|
|Standard Event Occurrence Check Sheets||3.27|
|Classification Check Sheet||3.29|
|Frequency Plot Check Sheet||3.30|
|Traveller Check Sheet||3.31|
|Confirmation Check Sheet or Checklist||3.32|
|Concentration Diagram Check Sheet||3.33|
|Module: Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)||3.55|
|Step: Collect Baseline Data||4.1|
|Defects Per Unit (DPU)||4.7|
|Defects Per Million Opportunities (DPMO)||4.9|
|Rolled Throughput Yield||4.20|
|Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) – Template Available||4.24|
|Measure Phase Conclusion||5.1|
|Green Belt Project Journey||5.10|
|Steps and Tools Recap||5.11|
|Tollgate Checklist – Template Available||5.12|
Identify the Root Causes of Problems and Waste Within the Process
|Analyze Phase Introduction||1.1|
|Step: Conduct Process Analysis||2.1|
|Inspections & Decisions||2.10|
|Module: Value Analysis||2.17|
|Value-Added Flow Analysis – Template Available||2.22|
|Module: Value Stream Map (VSM) Analysis – Template Available||2.27|
|Step: Conduct Data Analysis||3.1|
|Module: Pie and Bar Charts||3.18|
|Module: Pareto Chart||3.21|
|Module: Run Chart||3.27|
|Module: Box Plot||3.31|
|Step: Brainstorm Root Causes||4.1|
|Module: Affinity Analysis||4.3|
|Module: The 5 Whys & The Fishbone Diagram||4.7|
|Fishbone Diagram – Template Available||4.9|
|5 Whys – Template Available||4.13|
|Step: Develop Root Cause Hypotheses||5.1|
|Step: Validate Root Cause Hypotheses||6.1|
|Verification by Observation||6.4|
|Verification by Listening||6.5|
|Confirming Hypotheses With Data||6.8|
|Hypothesis Testing Tools||6.10|
|Step: Analyze Phase Conclusion||7.1|
|Green Belt Project Journey||7.7|
|Steps and Tools Recap||7.8|
|Tollgate Checklist – Template Available||7.9|
Implement and Verify Solutions to Address Root Cause
|Improve Phase Introduction||1.1|
|Step: Craft Solutions||2.1|
|Module: Team Member Review||2.3|
|Module: Brainstorm Solutions||2.6|
|Module: Lean Improvement Principles||2.18|
|Module: Single-Piece Flow & Batch Reduction||2.26|
|Module: Changeover Reduction||2.33|
|Module: Work Cell Design||2.44|
|Module: Workload Balancing & Demand Leveling||2.55|
|Module: Cross-Training & Parallel Processing – Template Available||2.60|
|Module: Kanban & Supermarkets||2.68|
|Module: Standard Work – Template Available||2.84|
|Module: 5S – Template Available||2.96|
|2: Set In Order||2.106|
|Module: Future State Map||2.120|
|Step: Filter Solutions||3.1|
|Module: Impact Effort Matrix – Template Available||3.4|
|Module: Weighted Criteria Matrix – Template Available||3.10|
|Module: Solution Selection Matrix – Template Available||3.17|
|Step: Conduct Risk Management||4.1|
|Module: Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) – Template Available||4.4|
|Module: Mistake-Proofing (Poka-yoke)||4.22|
|Module: Visual Management – Template Available||4.30|
|Step: Determine Solution Approach||5.1|
|Module: Rapid Improvement Event (Kaizen)||5.5|
|Module: Pilot the Solution – Template Available||5.10|
|Module: Multi-Phase Implementation||5.16|
|Module: Full Scale Rollout||5.21|
|Improve Phase Conclusion||6.1|
|Green Belt Project Journey||6.11|
|Steps and Tools Recap||6.12|
|Tollgate Checklist – Template Available||6.13|
Maintain the Gains
|Control Phase Introduction||1.1|
|Step: Create Monitoring Plans – Template Available||2.1|
|Module: Control Charts – Template Available||2.11|
|Step: Develop Response Plans – Template Available||3.1|
|Step: Document the Project||4.1|
|Project Storyboard – Template Available||4.4|
|Executive Summary – Template Available||4.6|
|New Procedure Audit – Template Available||4.12|
|Project Closure – Template Available||4.14|
|Step: Pursue Perfection||5.1|
|Innovation Transfer – Template Available||5.3|
|Control Phase Conclusion||6.1|
|Green Belt Project Journey||6.6|
|Steps and Tools Recap||6.7|
|Tollgate Checklist – Template Available||6.8|
|Overview of Black Belt Training & Certification||7.3|
Online Green Belt Training & Certification FAQs
Why should I pick GoLeanSixSigma.com over any other training provider?
Here are 3 key factors that set us apart from any other provider:
- Our courses are developed by highly successful Lean Six Sigma consultants, trainers and coaches who have helped organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, BP, Starwood Hotels & Resorts—and other leading organizations—save hundreds of millions of dollars with Lean Six Sigma.
- Our body of knowledge is also highly practical and extensive. Our teaching approach focuses on practical application, not simply “knowing about the concepts and tools,” so our learners are able to begin applying Lean Six Sigma right away.
- Our courses are easy to use and enjoyable, making learning much more effective.
This is what sets us apart from other providers. We have the highest-rated courses available. You can visit the Clients Page on our website where we provide a full list of organizations we’ve helped and a list of accredited institutions who offer our courses.
Which Lean Six Sigma Training should I get? Yellow Belt, Green Belt or Black Belt?
To help you determine which course is right for you, please visit our Lean and Six Sigma Course Comparison page. We clearly break down the courses by your goal, content, duration and price.
The course we recommend is based on your goal. If your goal is to become a Green Belt or Black Belt, you can start with the Green Belt course right away since White Belt and Yellow Belt content is covered in this course. If your goal is to only become a Green Belt, then you can take the Green Belt course.
Are there any prerequisites required for Green Belt Training?
No. There are no prerequisites required for the Green Belt course.
Is there a project requirement for Green Belt Training & Certification?
There is no project requirement if you register for the Green Belt Training & Certification course through our site. This is because we walk you step-by-step through an interactive, practical example of a Lean Six Sigma project within it.
How long will Training take to complete?
Green Belt Training will take approximately 32 hours (4 days) to complete.
How long do I have access to Training?
Green Belt Training is accessible for one year after registration.
Can I access the Training via mobile device or tablet?
Yes! All of our courses are fully compatible with your tablets and mobile phones. This includes iOS, Android and Windows devices that support HTML5.
Is there a small compact guide for Lean Six Sigma?
Do you offer Government, Student/Educational or Nonprofit Organization discounts?
Yes, we provide discounts to government, educational and nonprofit organizations. Please contact us for information.
Do I have to pay again if I do not pass the Certification exam?
No, you do not have to pay again. We allow unlimited, immediate retakes.
How long is Certification valid for?
Forever. Once you receive your Certification, you do not need to renew it.
How long is the Certification exam?
The Green Belt Certification Exam consists of a total of 130 questions that are segmented and embedded at the end of each DMAIC Phase. The total time allowed for completing the exam across all segments is 4 hours.
How many times can I take the Certification exam?
As many as needed! You have unlimited retakes until your course access expires (one year after your registration date).
Is there a sample Green Belt exam?
Yes, the sample Green Belt exam can be found here: Green Belt Sample Exam
Green Belt Training & Certification Reviews
Submit your review
The ability to complete at your own pace is a definite plus. I also liked how you could go back and review sections you had already completed.
The blended green-belt allowed me to apply what I was learning to existing process issues in my job. Completing a project proved helpful in mastering the skills and improving broken processes at work.
Great means to work on improvements systematically!
Easy to understand and Informative
I thought this training was amazing. Having a background in analysis and data collection the examples and ways data was described were really nice to follow. I would recommend this to my other colleagues and even grad students.
I am so happy I found this training or rather got a recommendation from a friend. I have completed Green Belt training before and honestly was left confused and needed clarification. This training has been designed to make it easier on adult learning, visuals are fantastic, analogies and examples are on point, I feel like an expert now and I can't wait to apply all my learnings. 100% recommended and 100% happy with this certification
This course provided an easy to follow experience of six sigma. I enjoyed it very much and look forward to applying the methodology to my work.
Want to see reviews from an independent, third party’s website?