Watch our 1-hour webinar below and you’ll learn how to select the right improvement project which will help you set yourself up for success. We covered best practices, challenges you may face and a walk-through of how to use a Project Selection Tool.
Webinar Recording: How to Select the Right Improvement Project
Webinar Presentation: How to Select the Right Improvement Project
Date & Time
- Date: Wed, Jan 13, 2016
- Time: 10 am – 11 am PST
- Clarifying Organizational Strategy
- Finding Sources for your Projects
- Following a High-Level Selection Process
- Addressing Challenges You May Face
- Using the Project Selection Tool – A Mini Case Study
Elisabeth Swan, Managing Partner & Executive Advisor
Elisabeth is a Managing Partner, Executive Advisor and Master Black Belt of GoLeanSixSigma.com. Elisabeth has over 25 years of success helping leading organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts build problem solving muscles and use Lean Six Sigma to achieve their goals.
Tracy O’Rourke, Managing Partner & Executive Advisor
Tracy is a Managing Partner & Executive Advisor at GoLeanSixSigma.com. For almost 20 years, she’s helped leading organizations like Washington State, Cisco and GE build problem-solving muscles with Lean Six Sigma to achieve their goals.
Q&As From the Webinar
- I’m a Director at a non-profit behavioral health organization. I have been tasked with introducing Lean Six Sigma to our organization. We have over 600 employees. When I requested that everyone take the GoLeanSixSigma.com Yellow Belt Training as a starting place, the CEO said “Yes!” How can we best utilize the benefits of having everyone Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified…
- The Dashboard reminds me a lot of a Balanced Scorecard. How are both related?
- What about Champion support on paper, but not in actions?
- How do you ensure that the solution to the goal is really the correct solution? In other words, how do you know that someone’s gut reaction to the problem is the solution to implement?
- I’m excited about implementing improvement projects but I’m not in a position to decide. How can I convince my boss when his decisions are not on a factual based approach?
- In the last webinar you mentioned people using a tool approach instead of a cultural approach (which is preferable). Will you be running a webinar on this topic in the future?
- What is the difference between a process improvement project and a process reengineering project?
- In real practice, how long does a Six Sigma project takes from start to finish?
- Is Lean Six Sigma the same as Project Management? And, if I become Six Sigma Certified how does it add to my project management skills?
- There are times when one is just given a project and there is not much time to use the tools provided to determine whether or not it’s the “right improvement project.” Do you have any advice for these kinds of scenarios?
- If I am just starting out with Six Sigma, what advice can you give me to ensure that I pass the exam and secure a position in process improvement?
- When selecting your first project, should you be cautious of tackling a large scale project?
- Is there any guideline to know what tool to use (Fishbone, Pareto, CTQ, etc) during the measurement phase to focus in a specific area or are the more tools you use the better?
- How do you quantify the impact of Action Plan A to the result vs. Action Plan B, and so on…
- What is the role of the project Champion in DMAIC Projects?
If you’re subscribed to our email list, you got the chance to vote for webinars you’d like to see next! If you voted, thanks for sharing your feedback. If you’re not subscribed to our email list, you can do so by using the blue box on the top right of this page.
Here are the results of the poll and a Pareto Chart showing how you voted. Based on your feedback, our next webinars will be:
- Challenge the Process by Asking “Why?”
- How Leaders Can Support Lean