People want to hear your story! But even those of us who can tell a good story often stumble when it comes to telling the story of our own work. Storyboards help others learn from you – they help leadership appreciate their problem-solving bench strength. This 1-hour introductory webinar will guide you to showcase your project in a way that others can understand and enjoy. Spread the good word with a good Storyboard!
Webinar Recording: How to Build a Powerful Project Storyboard
Webinar Presentation: How to Build a Powerful Project Storyboard
Date & Time
- Date: Thursday, November 9, 2017
- Time: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM PT
- What’s a Storyboard?
- Why Do We Need Storyboards?
- What Makes a Good Storyboard?
- What Are the 5 Classic Storyboard Missteps?
- What Are the Storyboarding Tips and Tricks?
Tools & Templates
- Green Belt Project Storyboard
- Black Belt Project Storyboard
- Webinar: A How-to on Storytelling & Lean Six Sigma
Elisabeth Swan, Managing Partner & Executive Advisor
Elisabeth is a Managing Partner, Executive Advisor and Master Black Belt of GoLeanSixSigma.com. Elisabeth has over 25 years of success helping leading organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts build problem solving muscles and use Lean Six Sigma to achieve their goals.
Q&As From the Webinar
- On the slide where it says that the plot is DMAIC – if it is only a Kaizen event, what would be an ideal plot?
- Do you have any tips for Executive Level Storyboards?
- How do we provide a concise Storyboard when there is so much data and information that goes on in a project?
- When having to explain the entire DMAIC project in 10 minutes, can you give tips on how many slides and minutes to spend on each phase?
- In the online trainings it discusses when stats are needed to prove or disprove the hypothesis. When is the original data sufficient vs. statistical tests in Minitab? What we think is obvious, others may not perceive that way.
- When should a Storyboard complement the A3? When should it replace the A3? When should the A3 complement the Storyboard? When should the A3 replace the Storyboard?
- How can we adapt the Storyboard so we do not increase the admin burden?
- How can I communicate success effectively in a Storyboard?
- Is there an ideal number of slides for us to qualify an effective Storyboard?
- How to Select the Right Improvement Project (Introductory)
- Challenge the Process by Asking “Why?” (Introductory)
- How to Manage Change With Negative Nancy (Intermediate)
- How Leaders Can Support Lean Using Leader Standard Work (Leadership)
- How to Harness the Power of 5S and Visual Management (Introductory)
- Why Process Walks Are a Must (Intermediate)
- How to Facilitate a Process Improvement Team to Success (Intermediate)
- How to Avoid Process Improvement Bloopers & Blunders (Intermediate)
- How to Effectively Avoid Unintended Consequences Using FMEA (Introductory)
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma (Introductory)
- How to Rollout Lean Six Sigma Training (Leadership)
- How to Create a Strategic Plan for a Lean Six Sigma Program Office (Leadership)
- How to Set Up and Run Hypothesis Tests (Advanced)
- Introduction to Lean (ENCORE!) (Introductory)
- How to Use a Fishbone Diagram (Introductory)
- Process Walk Orientation for Participants (Introductory)
- How Leaders Successfully Support Lean Six Sigma Projects (Leadership)
- How to Use Group Reviews to Help Ensure Your Team’s Green Belt Training Is Successful (Introductory)
- 5 Ways to Create Charts & Graphs to Highlight Your Work (Intermediate)
- 5 Ways to Ensure Green Belts Apply Their New Skills After Certification (Leadership)
- How to Successfully Collect Process Data for Your Lean Six Sigma Project (Introductory)
- 5 Ways a SIPOC Helps You Understand & Improve Your Process (Intermediate)
View our upcoming webinars and join live so you can ask questions and let us know what you’d like to us to cover next. We’re busy building new webinars all the time. And we’re happy to know you’re busy too – building your problem-solving muscles – keep it up!