Cost of Poor Quality Training & Certificate
Learn the basics of Cost of Poor Quality and build your problem-solving muscles.
What is Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)?
The Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) quantifies the negative outcomes due to waste, inefficiencies and defects in a process. Quality great Joseph Juran separated these costs into 3 categories:
- Prevention Costs: Including quality planning, training, preventive maintenance, housekeeping etc.
- Appraisal Costs: Including testing, inspection, audits, reviews and surveys, etc.
- Failure Costs:
- Internal Failures: Including scrap, rework, expediting, equipment downtime, injuries, etc.
- External Failures: Including product recalls, returned products, complaint handling, lost sales, etc. COPQ is often represented as a dollar amount (or as a percentage of sales) and is composed of the categories listed above. The goal of any organization is to reduce COPQ to zero.
Why You Should Register for Cost of Poor Quality Training & Certificate
In Cost of Poor Quality Training (Single Module), you’ll learn the basics of this tool and techniques and continue building your problem-solving muscles.
What You’ll Get (Certificate, PDUs/CPEs)
- Cost of Poor Quality Certificate
- 2 PDUs / 2.4 CPEs
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: Fully online and on-demand/self-paced/asynchronous
- Timing: 2 hours
- Exam: 5 questions, 100% score required, unlimited retakes, results viewable
- Access: 1 year
- Works on smartphones and tablets
- Define what Cost of Poor Quality is
- Explain the value of Cost of Poor Quality
- Differentiate between the different types of costs
- Explain the difference between hard dollar savings and soft dollar savings
- Identify visible and hidden costs
List of Contents
- Cost of Poor Quality Training Module
- Quiz: Cost of Poor Quality
New: Single Modules
Single Modules are a smart new way to learn the basics of a single Lean Six Sigma concept or tool. It’s training “Just-In-Time” – a Lean way to learn!
We recommend them if you:
- Don’t need a full training and certification course
- Need to learn the basics or get a refresher on a single concept or tool
- Need PDUs for your PMP Certification
To learn how to complete successful Lean Six Sigma projects step-by-step and build your problem-solving muscles, please register for Green Belt Training & Certification.
Submit your review