8 Wastes Training & Certificate
Learn the basics of the 8 Wastes and build your problem-solving muscles.
What Are the 8 Wastes?
Waste is any step or action in a process that is not required to complete a process (called “Non Value-Adding”) successfully. When Waste is removed, only the steps that are required (called “Value-Adding”) to deliver a satisfactory product or service to the customer remain in the process. The 8 Wastes of Lean are Defects, Overproduction, Waiting, Non-Utilized Talent, Transportation, Inventory, Motion, and Extra-Processing.
Why You Should Register for the 8 Wastes Training & Certificate
In the 8 Wastes Training (Single Module), you’ll learn the basics of these tools and techniques and continue building your problem-solving muscles.
What You’ll Get (Certificate, PDUs/CPEs)
- 8 Wastes Check Sheet Template & Example
- 8 Wastes Certificate
- 2 PDUs / 2.4 CPEs
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: Fully online and on-demand/self-paced/asynchronous
- Timing: 2 hours
- Exam: 10 questions, 100% score required, unlimited retakes, results viewable
- Access: 1 year
- Works on smartphones and tablets
- Describe each of the 8 Wastes
- Provide examples of each type of waste
- Explain how to uncover and remove all types of process waste
List of Contents
- 8 Wastes Training Module
- Webinar: How to Conduct an 8 Wastes “Waste Walk”
- Quiz: 8 Wastes
New: Single Modules
Single Modules are a smart new way to learn the basics of a single Lean Six Sigma concept or tool. It’s training “Just-In-Time” – a Lean way to learn!
We recommend them if you:
- Don’t need a full training and certification course
- Need to learn the basics or get a refresher on a single concept or tool
- Need PDUs for your PMP Certification
To learn how to complete successful Lean Six Sigma projects step-by-step and build your problem-solving muscles, please register for Green Belt Training & Certification.
Submit your review
Very detailed training.
easy to learn format.
8 waste ok
Good information on the process and how to perform one on your own, provide good tools, and examples of different work environment wastes.
Good overview, but too time consuming for the material needed to learn.
Excellent foundational material moving through Lean Six Sigma
Clear and concise explanation. Keep it up.
Concise and easy to follow.
10:30 pm; time for bed! lol