5S Training & Certificate
Learn the basics of 5S and build your problem-solving muscles.
What Is 5S?
5S is a five-step organization technique to create and maintain an intuitive workspace.
- Sort – Remove unnecessary items from the workplace. Keep only what is essential.
- Set in Order – Arrange items so they are easily accessible. “A place for everything, and everything in its place.”
- Shine – Clean the work area so it is neat and tidy. Return all items to their assigned place.
- Standardize – Set standards for a consistently organized workplace. Make standards easy to understand.
- Sustain – Maintain and review standards. Address root causes and avoid reversion to the “old ways.”
Why You Should Register for 5S Training & Certificate
In the 5S Training (Single Module), you’ll learn the basics of these tools and techniques and continue building your problem-solving muscles.
What You’ll Get (Certificate, PDUs/CPEs)
- 5S Manufacturing Assessment Template & Example
- 5S Transactional Assessment Template & Example
- Visual Management Checklist
- 5S Certificate
- 2 PDUs / 2.4 CPEs
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: Fully online and on-demand/self-paced/asynchronous
- Timing: 2 hours
- Exam: 10 questions, 100% score required, unlimited retakes, results viewable
- Access: 1 year
- Works on smartphones and tablets
- Describe the steps of 5S
- Define the the terms used in 5S
- List the common elements that make up 5S
List of Contents
- 5S Training Module
- Webinar: The Joy of Tidying Up With 5S & Lean Six Sigma
- Quiz: 5S
New: Single Modules
Single Modules are a smart new way to learn the basics of a single Lean Six Sigma concept or tool. It’s training “Just-In-Time” – a Lean way to learn!
We recommend them if you:
- Don’t need a full training and certification course
- Need to learn the basics or get a refresher on a single concept or tool
- Need PDUs for your PMP Certification
To learn how to complete successful Lean Six Sigma projects step-by-step and build your problem-solving muscles, please register for Green Belt Training & Certification.
Submit your review
5S is very beneficial
The module was very easy to follow. It is crucial that every work place follows the 5S guidelines as they create an efficient and sustainable environment.
Fantastic! I might have my whole team do it!
Was a fun training and very informative
11:30 pm; time for bed!
You make the subject both fun and interesting.
Great review of the process and easy to follow along and learn.
I've seen it work on the floor and virtually also. Excellent module again.