5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram Training & Certificate
Learn the basics of the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram and build your problem-solving muscles.
What Are the 5 Whys?
5 Whys is a simple but effective method of analyzing and solving problems by asking “why” five times, or as many times as needed, in order to move past symptoms and determine root cause. This approach is used in tandem with Cause & Effect or Fishbone diagrams.
What Is a Fishbone (Cause & Effect) Diagram?
The Fishbone (or Cause & Effect) Diagram is a structured brainstorming tool designed to assist an improvement team in listing potential causes of a specific effect. Its name derives from its resemblance to the bones of a fish. It is also known as an Ishikawa Diagram, for its creator. This tool is used in tandem with The 5 Whys.
Why You Should Register for 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram Training & Certificate
In the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram Training (Single Module), you’ll learn the basics of these tools and techniques and continue building your problem-solving muscles.
What You’ll Get (Certificate, PDUs/CPEs)
- Fishbone Diagram Template & Example
- 5 Whys Template & Example
- 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram Certificate
- 2 PDUs / 2.4 CPEs
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: Fully online and on-demand/self-paced/asynchronous
- Timing: 2 hours
- Exam: 10 questions, 100% score required, unlimited retakes, results viewable
- Access: 1 year
- Works on smartphones and tablets
- Define the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram
- Explain why the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram are important
- Describe how the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram relate to the DMAIC problem-solving methodology
- Define the the terms used in the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram
- List the common elements that make up the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram
List of Contents
- 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram Training Module
- Webinar: How to Use a Fishbone Diagram
- Quiz: 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram
New: Single Modules
Single Modules are a smart new way to learn the basics of a single Lean Six Sigma concept or tool. It’s training “Just-In-Time” – a Lean way to learn!
We recommend them if you:
- Don’t need a full training and certification course
- Need to learn the basics or get a refresher on a single concept or tool
- Need PDUs for your PMP Certification
To learn how to complete successful Lean Six Sigma projects step-by-step and build your problem-solving muscles, please register for Green Belt Training & Certification.
Submit your review
The information is ok. But the presenter is coughing and throat clearing way too often for a professional training video.
Fun and challenging at the same time. I'll be teaching other managers this week so they can begin problem solving.
A great introduction to the fishbone diagram and when and how to use it. The course takes you through the 5 whys through the brainstorming process, forming your hypothesis and finally collecting metrics to help identify root causes.
It is a good way to learn how to use the fish diagram and what may be your next steps
This is a simple way to get past confusion regarding affinity analysis, Fishbone Analysis and the 5 whys. The fun examples make remembering the process easy.
Shares information well with good examples, exams make you think but are pretty clear.
A great way to get a refresher on the Fishbone Diagram! Having access to templates makes it easier to put in place for all project work.
Pretty good refresher - made me think a bit more from what I've read going into the training .. which helps reinforce by hearing it explained in a different light / perspective.
I love that it forces you to get 100% I was missing one silly question over nad over again it forced me to re-read and re-analyze!!
Practical examples and techniques.