5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram Training & Certificate
Learn the basics of the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram and build your problem-solving muscles.
In 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram Training (Single Module), you’ll learn the basics of the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram and build your problem-solving muscles.
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: Online, self-paced/on-demand/asynchronous
- Duration: 1 hour
- Access: 30 days (Extend to 1 year with a GoLeanSixSigma.com Annual Membership for $499/year and access this Module along with 50+ modules and 100+ resources)
- Works on smartphones and tablets
What are the 5 Whys?
5 Whys is a simple but effective method of analyzing and solving problems by asking “why” five times, or as many times as needed, in order to move past symptoms and determine root cause. This approach is used in tandem with Cause & Effect or Fishbone diagrams.
What is a Fishbone (Cause & Effect) Diagram?
A Cause & Effect Diagram is structured brainstorming tool designed to assist an improvement team in listing potential causes of a specific effect. It is also known as an Ishikawa Diagram, for its creator, or a Fishbone Diagram, for its resemblance to the bones of a fish.
Causes are often grouped into major categories, which are classically defined as the 6 Ms: Man/Mind Power (people), Methods (processes), Machines (technology), Materials (raw materials, information, consumables), Measurements (inspection), and Milieu/Mother Nature (environment). An additional 2 Ms are also sometimes used: Management/Money Power and Maintenance.
This tool is used in tandem with The 5 Whys.
Learn to Use the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram & Build Your Problem-Solving Muscles
After completing this Module you will be able to:
- Define the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram
- Explain why the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram are important
- Describe how the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram relate to the DMAIC problem-solving methodology
- Define the the terms used in the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram
- List the common elements that make up the 5 Whys & Fishbone Diagram
You’ll also receive:
- Certificate of Completion (1 PDU)
- 5 Whys Template & Example
- Fishbone Diagram Template & Example
Introducing Single Modules
Single Modules are a smart new way to learn the basics of a single Lean Six Sigma concept or tool. It’s training “Just-In-Time” – a Lean way to learn! They’re recommended if you:
- Don’t need a full training and certification course
- Need to learn the basics or get a refresher on a single concept or tool
- Need PDUs for your PMP Certification
To learn how to complete successful Lean Six Sigma projects step-by-step and build your problem-solving muscles, please register for Green Belt Training & Certification.
Interested in registering a group of people for this module? Contact us to learn about Group Discounts (starting at 5 learners).
Submit your review