Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course
Our free Lean Six Sigma Training will help you understand what Lean Six Sigma is and how it works so you can begin improving processes right away.
This engaging course draws on 25 years of success helping the world’s leading organizations create happier customers and save millions of dollars.
- Prerequisite: None
- Training is FREE (sign up on the right)
- Certification is $199 (includes PDF certificate)
- 8 hours, self-paced, completely online
- Globally recognized
- Earn 8 PDUs / 1 CEU
Yellow Belt Learning Objectives:
- List the basic tools and principles that underlie the Lean Six Sigma improvement model
- Identify opportunities to improve a process
- Define project improvement goals
- Identify how to plan for and conduct data collection to uncover root causes
- List how to implement simple but effective improvement techniques and concepts
- Identify how to sustain the gain of process improvements
Yellow Belt Certification Includes:
- Exam: 50 multiple choice questions (unlimited re-takes)
- PDF Certificate to add to your LinkedIn profile
- Membership to our Yellow Belt Certified Group on LinkedIn
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
You'll Love Learning With Us
Register today and you'll learn how to solve problems and improve processes using Lean Six Sigma – in any industry or function.
Our Lean Six Sigma Training Is Free
We want you to have confidence in the quality of our globally recognized Lean Six Sigma courses – so we’ve made our Yellow Belt Training absolutely free. This allows you to get a hands-on experience of our practical approach to learning. All of our courses help ensure you not only know Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools, but that you’re able to apply them and begin improving processes immediately.
After completing your free Training, you can get your Certification for $199 by registering for the exam.
Yellow Belt Course Timing Breakdown
Below is a breakdown of the course and estimated time required to complete each section. You may complete the course at your own pace within 1 year.
No pre-requisites are required for the Yellow Belt Training.
|Introduction||Learn what Lean Six Sigma is and where it came from.||30 minutes|
Lean Six Sigma Roles
|Learn the key roles and responsibilities of people involved in a Lean Six Sigma project.||15 minutes|
|The 8 Wastes||Learn what The 8 Wastes are, how to identify them and how to eliminate them from a process.||45 minutes|
|DMAIC Overview||Learn the 5 phases of a Lean Six Sigma project: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control.||6.5 hours|
|Total Time of Yellow Belt Training:||8 hours (FREE)|
|(Optional) Yellow Belt Certification Exam:||1.5 hours ($199)|
Yellow Belt Course Learning Objectives:
After completing Yellow Belt Training you will be able to:
- Define what Lean Six Sigma is, where it came from and why organizations benefit from it
- List and describe the Lean Six Sigma Roles
- List and define each of the 8 Wastes
- Summarize the Lean Six Sigma improvement method known as DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control)
- Describe the main tools and techniques used in each of the five phases of DMAIC
Improvements to Yellow Belt Training for 2019
- New Voiceover: Updated narration for easy listening
- New Fully Responsive Player: Easily navigate through the course on any device
- New Detailed Q&A Feedback: Learn why responses are correct or incorrect
- Improved Section 508 Compliance: Accessibility for visually impaired learners
- Improved Certification Exam: Updated for better knowledge transfer and retention
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course Outline
Here’s what you’ll learn in GoLeanSixSigma.com’s Yellow Belt course.
Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- What is Lean Six Sigma?
- Where did it originate?
- Why is it so effective and popular?
Lean Six Sigma Roles
- Yellow Belt
- Green Belt
- Black Belt
- Master Black Belt
The 8 Wastes (DOWNTIME)
- Non-Utilized Employees
- Extra Processing
- Define Phase – Define the problem.
- Project Charter (Tool)
- Defining Value: Voice of the Customer (VOC) (Tool)
- High Level Process Map: SIPOC (Tool)
- Measure Phase – Quantify the problem.
- Selecting Measures
- Data Collection Planning
- Operational Definitions
- Capturing Baseline Data
- Analyze Phase – Identify the cause of the problem.
- Process Analysis
- The 5 Whys and the Fishbone Diagram (Tool)
- Pareto Charts (Tool)
- Develop a Hypothesis
- Improve Phase – Implement and verify the solution.
- Optimize Flow
- Mistake-Proofing: Poka-yoke (Tool)
- Visual Management and 5S
- Control Phase – Maintain the solution.
- Process Control Plan (Tool)
- Monitoring and Response Plan (Tool)
- Documentation and Storyboard
- Define Phase – Define the problem.
Ready to get started? Sign up for free by subscribing using the form on the top right of this page.
We guarantee your satisfaction, or you can request a full refund within 30 days.*
We know you’ll love our courses as much as we do. Although if for any reason you’re not completely satisfied (and the course has not been completed), please email [email protected] to request a refund within 30 days of your course purchase.
For individual (single license) purchases, if it is within 30 days and the course has not been completed, we offer a full refund. For group purchases, licenses can be exchanged for other courses. For example, Green Belt licenses can be exchanged for Yellow Belt licenses. Refunds are not available for group purchases.
*Course must not be completed.
Elisabeth is a Managing Partner at GoLeanSixSigma.com. For over 25 years, she’s helped leading organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab and Starwood Hotels & Resorts build problem-solving muscles with Lean Six Sigma to achieve their goals.
Tracy is a Managing Partner at GoLeanSixSigma.com. She is also a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Instructor at UC San Diego and teaches in San Diego State University’s Lean Enterprise Program. For almost 20 years, she has helped leading organizations like Washington State, Charles Schwab and GE build problem-solving muscles.
Why should I pick GoLeanSixSigma.com over any other online training program or provider?
Here are 3 key factors that set us apart from any other provider:
- Our courses are developed by highly successful Lean Six Sigma consultants, trainers and coaches who have helped organizations like Amazon, Charles Schwab, BP, Starwood Hotels & Resorts – and other leading organizations – save hundreds of millions of dollars with Lean Six Sigma.
- Our body of knowledge is also highly practical and extensive. Our teaching approach focuses on practical application, not simply “knowing about the concepts and tools” – so our learners are able to begin applying Lean Six Sigma right away.
- Our courses are easy to use and enjoyable, making learning much more effective.
This is what sets us apart from other providers. We have the highest rated courses available. You can visit the Clients Page on our website where we provide a full list of organizations we’ve helped and a list of accredited institutions who offer our courses.
Which Lean Six Sigma Training should I get? Yellow Belt or Green Belt?
To help you determine which course is right for you, please visit our Lean and Six Sigma Course Comparison page. We clearly break down the courses by your goal, content, duration and price.
The course we recommend is based on your goal. If your goal is to become a Green Belt or Black Belt, you can start with the Green Belt course right away since White Belt and Yellow Belt content is covered in this course. If your goal is to only become a Yellow Belt, then you can take the Yellow Belt course.
Are there any prerequisites required for Yellow Belt Training?
No. There are no prerequisites required for the Yellow Belt course.
How long will Training take to complete?
Yellow Belt Training will take approximately 8 hours (1 day) to complete.
How long do I have access to Training?
Yellow Belt Training is accessible anytime.
Can I access the Training via mobile device or tablet?
Yes! All of our courses are fully compatible with your tablets and mobile phones. This includes iOS, Android and Windows devices that support HTML5.
Is there a small compact guide for Lean Six Sigma?
Do you offer Group Pricing Discounts on Training & Certification?
Yes. Please contact us for information.
Do you offer Government, Student/Educational or Nonprofit Organization discounts?
Yes, we provide discounts to government, educational and nonprofit organizations. Please contact us for information.
Do I have to pay again if I do not pass the Certification exam?
No, you do not have to pay again. We allow unlimited, immediate re-takes.
How long is Certification valid for?
Forever. Once you receive your Certification, you do not need to renew it.
How long is the Certification exam?
The Yellow Belt Certification exam is 50 questions and must be completed in 1.5 hours.
How many times can I take the Certification exam?
As many as needed! You have unlimited re-takes until your course access expires (one year after your registration date).
Is there a sample Yellow Belt exam?
Yes, the sample Yellow Belt exam can be found here: Yellow Belt Sample Exam
We’ve simplified Lean Six Sigma to make process improvement easier – while still covering a comprehensive body of knowledge.
Enjoy learning in an engaging environment with plenty of games and examples that helps ensure effective knowledge transfer.
Save time by learning how to use the most valuable Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools and begin improving right away!
Ready to Start Improving?
Interested In Another Course?
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training Reviews
Submit your review
Very easy to follow and understand.
Great course, easy to understand, loved the interaction.
Fundamental and essential knowledge.
good overview of eliminating waste and increasing efficiency in the workplace
Great course for improving process efficiency
I learned so much from this. I'm excited to utilize this in the future
It was very easy to work through. The exam definitely followed the training.
It was laid out very well and I appreciated the option to take the exams for each section as you completed it, rather than having to take them all at the very end. Information was presented in a manner that made it easy to understand how it could be applied.